Cortenuova 1237

Cortenuova 1237

6 contributions / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Lekius
Cortenuova 1237

Hello everyone, I'd like to share with you the work I've done on a new scenario named Cortenuova 1237. The scenario pits Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II Hohenstaufen against the Lombard League and Pope Gregory IX. It will represent their clash in the period of August 1237 - August 1241 with two month turns. 

Here is the preview of the map

(Note that the map is smaller than the original file due to upload limitations)

And some work in progress unit graphics

Comments and criticism always welcome :)

Avalon
Portrait de Avalon

Bravissimo !!

holon99
Portrait de holon99

Another good example of WAW's ability to tackle different periods of warfare. Nice map !

Will supply rules be enforced here ? In my opinion, it would not make much sense for foraging/looting medieval armies, especially in a rich country.

Lekius

It is true that medieval armies used to forage and loot but I dont think it reasonable to expect this was their only (or even primary) source of food and other supplies. Unfortunately we just dont know enough about medieval logistics. This is why I decided to enforce supply rules but at a reduced rate. For now the supply phase would happen every other turn but this is subject to change in both directions, it might get axed or it might happen every turn. Final decision will be made after testing :)

holon99
Portrait de holon99

What I meant is that I do not imagine a small medieval army starving in the middle of Italy because it's "supply line" is cut. In Waw, penalties related to Out of Supply status are quite severe.

Checking supply in during winter turns would make sense.

Lekius

Checking supply only in winter turns is an interesting idea, will have to test it out and see how it works. Thanks for the suggestion :)