0,00 €

Merida 1938

Merida 1938

10 contributions / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
MiguelST
Portrait de MiguelST
Merida 1938

Here is my first try modding on WAW. Merida/La Serena 1938 a Nationalist offensive near Merida a week before Ebro Battle started.

The choosing sides screen

the map:

And several in game screens where we can see some units and cards

Strategiae
Portrait de Strategiae

Promising and interesting subject ! ... hoping to play it soon. Bravo Miguel

Herodote
Portrait de Herodote

I like those "unknown" battles thematic. Good choice!

Alber
Portrait de Alber

Excelente MiguelST.  Tiene una pinta buenísima. Te pediré consejo con el editor pretendo un mod de la independencia hispanoamericana. ¿podrás?

Strategiae
Portrait de Strategiae

We will gladly help you if need be, the Indepednace Wars of Latin America is a wonderful subject never really treated and would do great with our engine.

See that game too: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/29447/guerra-muerte

Alber
Portrait de Alber

Yes, thankyou, I have the wargame Guerra a Muerte (and others). I know very well the history of this war, in detail.  In the past, years ago, I made a mod abut it, with the enginee of "Open General"  (panzer general) and and graphics of AGEOD (that letting me use their graphics).  This war is very strategic, and needs more events cards, over than hexes.

I need full support with the game editor (or spanish help?). But I can make the graphis of the map or military units, portraits of caudillos, the historical events, etc. It is possible to do a map with the same borders of the whole continent (or better than  Guerra a Muerte), it can work very weell.  The war is a mixture of extensive guerillas, sieges, small napoleonic battles, naval blockade, bombard and corsairs. And large number of events.

Tell me something

Alber

Posdata, links:

https://panzergeneral.wordpress.com/2011/03/12/el-mod-patriotas-y-realistas-cada-vez-mas-cerca/

https://sites.google.com/site/hispanicgeneral/unidades-1/Infantera

Strategiae
Portrait de Strategiae

Alber,

MiguelST can easily help you in Spanish (I don't speak it), I can help you in English. Our modder Herodote can also help you (English or French).

For the editor, it is easy to use once the first steps of creation are made. Some videos are available (in French) on our YouTube channel too. Of course, we'll gladly help you all the way. My suggestion to begin with is the following

1 - Draw a map of your game: you can even do it by hand and scan it, this will use as a base for the editor (the map is a mandatory requirement for a new project in the editor). You can read good modding advice on the Mollwitz41 mod

2 - Define the scale of the game (turn duration, unit sizes, etc...) to help you determine your elements of the DB, such as units, leaders, structures, terrains...

3 - Make a list of the cards you want to have. A good mix is usually 1/3 red cards (events, one shot) and 2/3 black cards (tactics, other minor effects, can be redrawn). You may decide to have more events cards if you want to use them to "drive" your game, represent bad seasons, etc...

4 - Decide if you need to use the Tension Index feature (like in 6Days1967, Mali2012, Korea1950 or Berlin1945), i.e. something that move up/down on a scale and gives either VP or full victory and that can also be used to trigger some cards effects...e.g. if your index reach 10, you can decide that Spain will send more/less troops, etc...etc..

I would suggest that you put all the above and more in a single document and exchange it with us for further advancement.

Also, if you want to move forward, please make a separate post in the relevant forum (I opened it for you, see link below)

https://avalon-digital.com/en/forums/avalon-digital/war-across-world/mod...

NB: would be nice if you could show an avatar for you ;-)

MiguelST
Portrait de MiguelST

Por supuesto Alber! pregunta todo que quieras.

picaron

Muy interesante....

Herodote
Portrait de Herodote

I am eager to try those "unknown" battles