Your shopping cart is empty.

Sicily 1943

Sicily 1943

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Diodore
Diodore's picture
Sicily 1943

This is my first mod on WAW (I mostly used looks and info from Normandy1944), the Operation Husky and the campaign over Sicily on the summer of 1943

Sicily 1943 covers the 12 weeks of the 'Husky' landings of July 1943, pitching the Anglo-American troops against Axis armies for the conquest of Sicily. The goal of the Allies is capture completely the island. §The Axis must prevent the conquest or at least ensure that enough good troops can get evacuated from the island if they can't push back the enemy to the sea.

Sicily 1943 lasts 12 turns, each representing on average 1 week, between July and September 1943. It opposes the Axis to the Anglo-American Allies over Sicily.

• The Axis is on the defense, behind their coastal bunkers and have some strong Panzer reserves.
  • The Allies must gain air superiority and land on Sicily to conquer it completely

Estimated Playtime: 1h30. Favored Side: none.Hardest to Play: Allies.

Diodore
Diodore's picture

Here is the map...

Diodore
Diodore's picture

The game's counters

Diodore
Diodore's picture

Some of the game's cards

Diodore
Diodore's picture

The scenario starts...

Diodore
Diodore's picture

This time the Axis has an air force...the Luftwaffe intervenes to cover the land troops..

Avalon
Avalon's picture

As this game mod is of excellent quality, we decided to publish it and offer it on our webshop. See details below by clicking on link.

http://www.waw-games.com/en/dlc/sicily-1943

Caesar
Caesar's picture

Challenging thematic. Can't wait to play it. And the style is great. May be I will hire you to help me Diodore (fellow Roman help ;-) )

Herodote
Herodote's picture

I concurr, bravo....I am learning to play with the editor, the capacities are impressive.

@Avalon / Strategiae: what are the conditions for such a mod to become official ?

Strategiae
Strategiae's picture

Modding is a long process. Once you master the use of the editor, don't hesitate to playtest your mod with friends, and with ourselves. We shall help you fine tune your game, give advice, share playtesting, play it by email, etc... we can also give assistance on some translations too, as well as support for graphics.

In other words you'll become part of our team...as volunteer.... ;-)

Joke aside, once we feel the game is really well done, playable and of interest, we give you an "approval" of sort and make it "official". The game can then be part of the collection and posted in our catalog (under the Community tag).

As regards potential selling of it, Avalon will be in touch with you to determine the selling price, terms and conditions. You can consider that if the game is approved by the WAW team and is validated to be in the collection, then the price could be the same as ours (or lower, if you wishes so...we have validated games from modders that are free...see Community products).

Anterak1517
Anterak1517's picture

Excellent Work ! 
Tomorrow I will post some examples of 'Agathocles', a Modded game based on the Hamilkar Map... with Carthaginians and Syracusans!
Thanks to the WAW team for helping me about the Editor !

Strategiae
Strategiae's picture

It seems we have a bunch of Sicilian lovers here...no one from the Mafia I hope ...;-)