Greetings, Avalon Digital! I'm a huge fan of Columbia Games and was a playtester for Richard III. I've played about ten games and made some bug and UI notes. I sent you these notes via email from your site, but I wasn't sure they went through, so I'm posting them here. I hope that's OK. Thank you for adapting these amazing games to digital!
1. Why is there an unnecessary animation of card backs before cards are presented for drawing and in the post-Political shuffle?
2. Hitting UNDO often puts one back in the Main Menu.
3. Why ask the player to select a card if there is only one card to choose from?
4. Why ask the player to select a battle to resolve when there is only one?
5. Sea borders should ALWAYS be delineated, not just if a player happens to mouse over it.
6. Sometimes future Heirs show up in the recruiting pool.
7. Sometimes the AI forgets to play its card, particularly when a battle is about to be fought.
8. The AI often takes unnecessary attrition.
9. The off-board delineation of permanently removed Rose nobles and Heirs, future Heirs, and Yorkist and Lancastrian pools could be better defined. That information should be immediately accessible.
10. Players should choose where their Heirs and nobles go to Exile, not AI. None should start over-stacked in Exile except via player decision.
11. It's difficult to tell what territory the city of Coventry is in.
12. Why does Henry Tudor look exactly like Somerset? Henry Tudor's face was very distinctive.
13. Sometimes city markers hide blocks behind them, especially if there are five there (this happens in Middlesex quite a bit).
14. Isn't Middlesex a Major port?
15. Why can't players see what cards are in their hands during a round?